Child Advisory Board
The Ombudsman for Children is supported by the Child Advisory Board. The Finnish Government has appointed a Child Advisory Board in order to promote the position and rights of children and cooperation between authorities related to them. The Ombudsman for Children is the chair of the Child Advisory Board. Among other things, different administrative branches, the regional and local level as well as organisations are represented in the Child Advisory Board.
The Child Advisory Board is tasked with
- making proposals and issuing statements on promoting the position and rights of children
- promoting the cooperation between national and international actors in issues related to the position and rights of children
- monitoring and evaluating the national and international development in issues related to children
- acting to strengthen the position of children in the society
- influencing the development of more positive attitudes towards children
- facilitating access to information on children’s position and rights
- taking care of other matters within its field brought for processing by the Ombudsman for Children.